Antivirus and firewalls used to be adequate and sufficient protection against malicious code in times long gone. Recent high-profile data breaches and security incidents have elevated Information Security to a board room discussion topic. And rightly so!
The cyber risk landscape has evolved so significantly, cyber threats have become more sophisticated, organised and highly targeted, whether they’re corporate espionage, or intrusion campaigns pursuing economic, political, proprietary or national security information. These intrusion campaigns or cyber-attacks span over an extended period of time and are commonly referred to as Advanced Persistent Threat (ATP).
An ATP is a set of stealthy and continuous computer hacking processes, in essence a network attack in which an unauthorised person gains access to a network and stays there undetected for an extended period of time, often orchestrated by a person or persons targeting a specific entity. ATP attack targets organisations in sectors with high-value (or perceived high-value) information, either private organisations, states or both, for business or political motives.
AS THE CYBER RISK LANDSCAPE CHANGES, SO TOO MUST APPROACHES TO SECURITY
And we can help, here’s how:
- Identification and verification of vulnerabilities
- Implementation, maintenance and monitoring of continuous assessment, using a balanced mix of automated and manual specialised and substantiated tests.
- Efficiently securing customer data (e.g. intellectual property, financial records, any highly sensitive data), through proactive scanning, testing, verification and rigorous application of robust and relevant defence controls.
- Devising and delivering an effective vulnerability management strategy through the cloud.
- Resource allocation, ensuring your resources are where they are needed the most.
- Facilitation of a cost-effective defence strategy focussed on the most pertinent threats.
- Access to an expert cyber-security advisory platform, providing up to date advice and relevant information.
FOCUS ON YOUR STRENGTHS, AND LET US HELP STRENGTHEN YOUR WEAKNESSES